Script Summary: Shows expandable thumbnail images in imdb as a larger floating preview image on mouse hover.
- Shows a preview of (almost) ANY image under the mouse.
- You can configure how large the preview image can be. Or, you can also let the script auto-size the image according to your browser window size. See "Configuration Options" section below for details.
- Not all images that IMDB uses to create its thumbnails are large images. Hence, some images may not display as large as you may like. However, my script corrects for these images by cleaning-up any border, overlay buttons, overlay texts, etc.
- The script even works on images that were loaded via XHR after the page has loaded.
- The script tries to avoid showing the preview image near your mouse cursor to allow a more streamlined experience. You can also set the preview image to follow your mouse cursor.
- Even when the preview image is large and hides the image that you were about to click, you can instead click the preview image.
- Holding down Ctrl key will keep the popup preview image from disappearing. This means that you can right-click and save the preview image.
Configuration Options:You can access the script's settings/configuration page by clicking on the tools icon at the bottom-right corner of the page.
- Preview Delay (milliseconds): Set the delay (in milliseconds) to wait before displaying the preview image.
- Max Display Width: The maximum Width, in pixels, of the displayed image. Use this if you want to retreive large images but want to constrain the displayed image size.
- Max Display Height: The maximum Height, in pixels, of the displayed image. Use this if you want to retreive large images but want to constrain the displayed image size.
- Enable Auto size: When enabled, the maximum width and height of the displayed image is automatically constrained to two-thirds of the browser window size. Selecting this option will ignore the custom maximum size settings above.
- Auto-size Screen Width % : If Auto-Size is enabled, this option specifies the screen Width % to use.
- Auto-size Screen Height % : If Auto-Size is enabled, this option specifies the screen Height % to use.
- Snap to Cursor : Enable this option to make the preview image follow the mouse cursor.
Version Log:For more up-to-date information, click the Source Code tab.
- Fine-tuned the image positioning algorithm.
- Added "Ctrl" key override to persist preview image.
- Added support for a delay timer and a corresponding configuration item under settings.
- Added support for the setting the preview image to "Snap to Cursor".
- Added missing escaping to some reg-expressions .
- Official release of script.