Script Summary: Includes features of multiple scripts that help to make google reader faster and better.
* removes all read item content except for the previous one you've scrolled past in the reader
* reduces padding on the top bars of Google Reader and adds a border to the right of the sidebar
* prefetches more articles to make your experience speedy
* removes duplicate articles
* removes the status bar that shows "All Items" etc. which no one looks at
* removes top bar for compact/fullscreen mode
* returns Google Reader to sanity
No configuration is supported. Any configuration will have to be done by directly editing the script.
AutoUpdate is integrated into this script, allowing this to update automatically. Please note that only verion 1.5 and after will support this. This is an important feature since this script is updated VERY frequently. Please switch on "Automatic Update" in the Preferences menu in Addon Manager (Chrome, Opera and Safari users, sorry).
If you want to remove any scripts, you can easily do so by removing this part:
// Start of script name
// End of script name
This script includes:
* Google Reader Skim Purge (removes read item content): - this removes the articles temporarily
but they will be downloaded again when the user returns back to them
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/62063 - edited to remove more articles
* Google Reader Prefetch More (prefetches more articles):
* Google Reader Filter Duplicate (filters duplicates):
* Google Reader Sanity
* Google Reader Compact/Full screen Mode
* Google Reader Preview Enhanced
Miniscripts (Scripts created by me which are embeded in this script):
* Hide Status Bar (the title - "All Items". etc.)
*** If there are any copyright issues, please notify me immediately so that I can remove them from the script ***
If you want to add more features to this script to make google reader faster, please join the "Add more scripts" discussion so that I can add your specified feature from a script. Even better, fork the github repository and add commits to it, then give a pull request.
GitHub Repository: https://github.com/wei2912/userscripts