Script Summary: Displays a list of live gaming streams on QuakeLive.com and ESReality.com
The source list includes known popular streams, meaning there is no guarantee all streams will be included, or even that the stream will be showing Quake Live. Let me know if you feel a stream should be added or corrected in this thread.
If you use Scriptish or Greasemonkey, a menu command has been provided to allow customization of the notification bar's background color.
Thanks to the excellent #Live.QL guys for providing the initial stream list.
News / Changelog
- 2013-04-10 (0.58)
- Removed a special case for QLPrism... no longer applies
- 2013-04-10 (0.57)
- Fix for "Illegal operation on WrappedNative prototype object" errors
- Various minor style tweaks
- 2012-05-10 (0.56)
- When no live streams are available, the current stream list can be checked by hovering over the "no live streams found" text.
- 2012-05-10 (0.55)
- Massive overhaul of the backend stream checker. No longer relying on manual assumption about certain streams showing Quake games.
- Added the ability to see the broadcaster-announced game and viewer count by hovering over a stream name.
- Giving users the option to choose between Quake-only streams (default) or an "all" stream list covering all tracked streams (available via a Scriptish/Greasemonkey menu command).
- The currently-used list is shown when hovering over the "LIVE NOW" link.
- Using longer names for streams... might revert to short names if it becomes a problem.
- 2012-01-01 (0.48)
- Modified the ESR exclude rule (now excluding "/w*").
- 2011-12-30 (0.47)
- Corrected the regexp used to detect ESReality.
- 2011-12-30 (0.46)
- Updating the "LIVE NOW" link to point to liveql.com. Our stream lists have diverged, but it is still a useful site.
- 2011-12-30 (0.45)
- Minor tweaks to the @include/@exclude rules.
- 2011-11-20 (0.42)
- Minor change/fix: allowed parenthesis in the stream name.
- 2011-10-16 (0.41)
- Fixed a bug where the "no live streams found" message would appear when automatically refreshing the list.
- 2011-10-14 (0.40)
- Adding "=" and "+" as allowed characters in a stream URL. The "GoodGame.ru" stream will now show up as expected.
- 2011-10-09 (0.39)
- If the first request for new stream information fails, the script will immediately try again before showing "no live streams found".
- 2011-10-06 (0.38)
- For ESReality: the "LIVE NOW" link will use the current theme's style.
- 2011-10-05 (0.37)
- The streams are no longer sorted in case-sensitive order.
- 2011-10-05 (0.36)
- Initial support for displaying the bar on ESReality.com. By default, the list will update every 5 minutes, even across page loads on ESR. This was done to prevent excessive requests and flickering when changing pages.
- Added a menu command to force a list reload from the server.
- 2011-10-02 (0.31)
- Added some basic validation (whitelisted characters) of the stream JSON.
- 2011-10-02 (0.3)
- Major rewrite of stream-checking code, resulting in MUCH improved performance. The checks are now done server-side, cutting your browser's requests to 1. You only get the streams which are actually LIVE, meaning the data downloaded is very small (typically less than 1KB).
- Due to the above, the notification bar update time has been reduced to from 10 minutes to 5 minutes.
- Updates to the stream list no longer require a user script update.
- Added support for fallback stream status sources (in case my server has unexpected downtime).
- Added Tastyspleen to the stream list.
- 2011-10-01 (0.23)
- Corrections to the HoQ2, HoQ3, and Cyberfight.ru links (thanks Lam).
- 2011-10-01 (0.22)
- The "LIVE NOW" text links to the excellent #Live.QL website, which provided the list of streams.
- Added a menu command to customize the bar's background color. The value must be CSS-friendly!
- 2011-10-01 (0.21)
- Tweaks for auto-update support.
- 2011-10-01 (0.2)
- First release!