Script Summary: YouTube Center contains all kind of different useful functions which makes your visit on YouTube much more entertaining.
DescriptionYouTube Center is YouTube Center comes with many features, including the ability to download videos, repeat videos, change the default quality of the video to be played by default and etc.
YouTube Center is designed to look as much like YouTube's design as possible.
InstallingYouTube Center is a userscript, which has been made into an addon for Firefox, Safari, Chrome, Opera and Maxthon.
It's recommended to install the addon for your browser.
UserscriptMake sure that you have Greasemonkey, Tampermonkey or Violetmonkey installed to actually be able to use the userscript version. It's is discouraged to install the userscript natively in Chrome as that makes a few features unavailable.
To install YouTube Center just click on the green button, which says "Install".
You can find more information about YouTube Center on its wiki.
FirefoxFirefox currently have two addons. The official one which only works on Firefox version 23 or lower. Then there's the beta addon, which has been designed in another way to make it possible to use it on Firefox v24+.
ChromeThe Chrome addon needs to be installed by going to the extension page and dragging the Chrome addon file (.crx) into the extension page. Note that you also have to have enabled developer mode to actually be able to use the Chrome addon.
OperaFor Opera there are two versions. One for older versions of Opera <15>Chrome addon mirror.
Also it is hosted on the Opera addons.
For Opera <15>
SafariTo install YouTube Center on Safari. You need to install the Safari addon, which can be found here.
Internet ExplorerTo install YouTube Center in Internet Explorer follow this tutorial by Awesome Donkey.
MaxthonTo install YouTube Center on Maxthon you can either install the addon or Violetmonkey and then just install the userscript.
The Maxthon addon can be found on Maxthon Extension Center or through the mirror.
If you want YouTube Center to be in your language and are able to translate it from a language YouTube Center supports to your language, please contact me and I will give you the information needed for you to translate it.
- HTML5 Support
- Move the buttons on the YouTube video page.
- Download the video in different formats and qualities
- Repeat the video
- Change language
- Remove advertisements
- Prevent auto play/buffering.
- Choose your prefered quality to be played by default
- Auto hide controlbar and/or progressbar.
- Enable/Disable Annotations
- Scroll to player
- Change default volume
- Mute as default
- Always repeat video
- Player shortcuts outside the player
- Turn Light On/Off
You're always welcome to give me suggestion, critic and compliments.
If you only want the download button, download YouTube Center Download Button.
If you find anything you think can be done better please let me know and I will take it into consideration. If you also find any bugs or have any new ideas please let me know.
TranslationsA list of all the translations and translators can be found here.
GuidesFull name popup fix
How to install YouTube Center in Google Chrome
How to revert back to the old YouTube video interface (and back to the new YouTube video interface) [Outdated]
- All settings are reset. So that means that you have to reconfigure them.
- New settings.
- Settings are now synced between tabs.
- Only one instance of the player playing, where it will pause the other videos.
- Option to remove the play icon in the title.
- Remove Endscreen option will now work for HTML5 player.
- Enhanced the Placement: Move Elements option to display the border of the drop zone.
- Added animated thumbnails, which can be configred in the Video Thumbnail tab in the Settings.
- Added ability to force the player to be either the HTML5 player or Flash player.
- Added Prevent Tab Auto-Play/Prevent Tab Auto-Buffer/Prevent Tab Playlist Auto-Play/Prevent Tab Playlist Auto-Buffering.
- Added HTML5 feature, download, which will force the filename for the downloaded videos/audio to be what is specified in the settings.
- Added option to remove the Ticker. It's the blue bar, which appears at the top of the page at times.
- Added option to click through the lights off layer. Please note that this option may not work on all browser (http://caniuse.com/#feat=pointer-events).
- Added image on welcome dialog for the experimental topbar layout.
- Always Hide The Guide is now fixed and therefore will not hide the guide when not on the watch page (video page).
- Added callback for saveSettings (used when resetting the settings).
- Safari uses new method to store its settings.
- New Firefox addon, which will work on future versions of Firefox (v24+). This will mean that the settings needs to be reconfigured.
- The Chrome extension now stores its settings in a different way, which allows for the settings to be shared accross domains/protocols. This means that the settings needs to be reconfigured.
- Corrected domain change for an external MP3 service.
- Update Checker will not work if you're using an addon, which has been uploaded to addons.opera.com or addons.mozilla.org.
- Fixed bug where the player was not aligned correctly when the center page option was disabled or/and the resize was disabled.
- Fixed Like/Dislike button disappearing when moving buttons.
- Fixed the player at rare times will just become not aligned.
- Fixed SPF. It will now completely disable SPF.
- Fixed bug where the welcome screen appears in the embed videos.
- Fixed incompatibility issue with some scripts which removed the welcome screen and therefore watching videos became impossible.
- More bugs fixed...