Script Summary: This script tags every video links on a YouTube page so that they can be downloaded easily -- using the title as the filename. On the watch page, it also shows all the available video formats at the top of the page.
YouTube Links does two things. It tags every video links on YouTube so that they can be downloaded easily. On the watch page, it also shows all the available video formats at the top of the page.
The look-n-feel resembles YouTube HD Suite. I have been using it for a long time and like how it works. After YouTube changed its page format on 3rd August 2011, I looked at the code and helped to fix it. This script is written from scratch, though.
Tested on Firefox 6.0 (with Greasemonkey), Chrome 13, Opera 11.50 and Safari 5.1.7 (with NinjaKit).
Not tested on IE. Won't work on IE 7.
- Shows the available file format, resolution (info from the page itself) and size
- Scans the video links on the page in batches to avoid overloading the network
- The video links have the correct filename, so they can be saved easily
- Has an updater; checks for updates every 3 days
- Uses localStorage instead of cookies
- There is currently no user options.
- It does not auto-redirect to the highest/preferred video format.
- Doesn't work on the mobile pages.
- Most probably won't work on mobile browsers. Shows up on Tampermonkey (Android), but is unable to download the videos.
Version 1.32 (Jan 2013)
- Fixed channel video; broken after YouTube update.
- Move video links above the video again; shifted after YouTube update.
- Group video links by video res.
- Shortened video res (1280x720 -> 720p).
- Handles 1.5k video res.
Version 1.31 (Jan 2013)
- Fixed filename; broken after YouTube update.
Version 1.30 (Oct 2012)
- Show file size on Firefox and Chrome.
Version 1.23 (Oct 2012)
- Show available update on Chrome.
Version 1.22 (Sep 2012)
- Added signature to video link, or YouTube will reject it.
- Show '3GP' instead of '?'.
Version 1.21 (Sep 2011)
- Bug fixes.
- Shows video formats for the current video in the user's channel.
- Implement list of video formats when hover over a video link as a tooltip.
- Show the new version's changes as tooltip in the update notification.
- Slow down scanning for video links.
- Shows all video formats when hover over the video links.
- Map : to - and " to ' instead of _ in filename.
- Bug fixes.
- Forgot to change version from 1.21 to 1.22! Changed to 1.23.
- New version changes is shown as "undefined" if not present. Fixed in 1.21.
- Video formats tooltip is positioned wrongly in Chrome if page is scrolled. Fixed in 1.21.
- The list of video formats when hover over a video link may be clipped, depending on the page layout. Fixed in 1.2.
- The list of video formats when hover over a video link may wrap in the user's channel page. Fixed in 1.2.
- Font color is incorrect in playlists. This is because the page's CSS has higher specificity. Fixed in 1.01.
- New video links on the page are not tagged if they are loaded via Ajax. Fixed in 1.01.
- New version is displayed incorrectly — 1.01 will be shown as 1.0! Fixed in 1.01.
- Encoded HTML entities & and " are not handled properly in titles. Fixed in 1.01.
- URL to update script is specified wrongly — 1.0 users will not see the update! Fixed in 1.01.
- Check for update does not work in Chrome! Sort of fixed in 1.23. However, Chrome 21 onwards does not allow direct installation of userscripts.