Script Summary: Open files with Google Document Viewer
DescriptionOpen with Google Docs Viewer is a Greasemonkey script that inserts an icon for viewing supported file types directly with Google Document Viewer.
Not only is viewing files in your browser far more secure than downloading and opening them locally, but it also saves time and doesn’t clutter up your hard-drive with unwanted files.
Supported File Formats:
|Documents||RTF, DOC, DOCX, ODT, SXW*, PDF(), XPS, PAGES, PS|
|Presentations||PPS, PPT, PPTX, ODP*, SXI*|
|Spreadsheets||XLS, XLSX, ODS*, SXC*|
|Drawings||EPS, AI, PSD, DXF|
|Other||ZIP, RAR, TTF|
Based on the work of hail2u http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/62386
- Minor tweak. Added pointer cursor when hover the icon.
- Totally recoded. Updated filetype icons.
- Added support for: TTF, PSD, PAGES, AI, EPS, PS, DXF, ZIP, RAR & XPS
- Added support for: ODP, SWX, ODS and SXC again, using Zoho Viewer.
- Changed icon image depending of file type. I'm using now the new Google Docs icons.
- I've removed support of following file types, because Google Docs does not support them yet: SXW, ODP, SXI, ODS, SXC, ODG, SXD
- Added more supported file types.
- Forced to open the viewer on a new window/tab.
- And polished icon position and size.