Script Summary: Adds Ordnance Survey and other popular map types to the maps page and cache listings on Geocaching.com. Also adds other enhancements like drag'n'drop support, adjustable brightness, location information tool and GB grid reference search.
Copyright: 2011-13, James Inge (http://geo.inge.org.uk/)
License: MIT License; http://www.opensource.org/licenses/mit-license.php
Geocaching Map Enhancements
This script aims to improve your experience of Geocaching Maps by adding and improving lots of features.
It enhances the main map page by giving a choice of map and aerial photography sources, adding a tool to show helpful information about the area, enabling drag-n-drop support, improving the search function and letting you label the caches on the map. There are also improvements to the "hide & seek a cache" page, the trackables maps, and the maps on the individual cache listings. The full feature list is too long for this page!
To take advantage of GME, make sure that you have set your Geocaching Map preferences to use Leaflet Maps rather than Google.
For full documentation and installation instructions for different browsers, see geo.inge.org.uk/gme.htm
2 May 13 - Update
This version should fix the script following modifications to Geocaching.com on 17 April 13.
- * Fixed to work with Leaflet 0.5 on the main Geocaching Maps page.
- * Improved configuration screen, now available from Profile menu across the site.
- * Lots of minor code improvements for map brightness, cache labelling, zooming, etc.
- + Keyword search on Seek page.
- + Map markers have centre point.
- - Session refresh button removed (pressing your browser's refresh button should now normally work fine!)