Script Summary: Theme facebook, your way :)
Time to move on
Hi guys, I will keep it short.
I am pleased with this project and happy with how it has turned out. I will try and get a last update for everyone as my parting gift to you all. However I can not say how long it may take to finish the update.
Your patience has been greatly appreciated.
If anyone would like to take over this script, I would greatly appreciate an email at:
I hope you have enjoyed this script.
Facebook Background script creator.
We are looking for people to help make our script more inclusive!
Do you want be credited for translating this script? It is easy, and will only require 10 minutes of your time at an absolute top.
If you are interested, please check out our Languages discussion topic.
Furthermore, we desperately require people to help add a few strings to our French translation. Please inbox me if you are interested. Appropriate credits will be given.
- Change the Facebook background with an image or a gradient (This feature can be turned on and off inside the script)
- Graphical 'Facebook popup' settings manager
- Fix the Facebook top bar to the top of the screen. It will stay visible no matter where you scroll!
- Hide the Facebook Chat bar
- Repeat the background
- Enhance those subtle new notification highlight colours to a more distinct colour
- Full screen popup background (Instead of a border on the popup)
- Set the settings button to one of two different places:
- Beside the HOME button
- Underneath the Account tab
- Reset script defaults
- Import/Export settings
- Personalized 'Facebook ID' appears in top corner to give you a more custom feel.
- Fixed background on excluded pages - Semi-operational.
Users can now use other features such as fixed header on pages they previously could'nt.
- Automatic and manual updating!
- Remove Facebook advertisements!
- Options panel remake
- New import/export feature
More Detail - Unreleased finished features
- Opacity: This is a feature I tried to implement once before but it was basically too much work at the time. What this does is makes the white space on the page slightly see through. The percentage will be customizable to the users preference.
- Panel remake: I like the drop downs, but they are seriously too heavy on the browser, too much coding and they dont really work properly. I will be changing the drop downs into tabs. This will require a fair bit of coding and will require a fair bit of time... Do not expect this will be finished quickly.
- I have had near no success with getting the import feature working, so I am going to opt for a different method of import/export, which I did not want to do but it appears I have no option. I shall be using JSON, and will implement the feature in a similar manner to FFixer.
- We are currently implementing language support for version 2.1. This is a big job, and I will require help from those intelligent enough to know other languages. If you can help, please head over to the 'Languages' discussion topic.
- Fixed CSS for nav bar
- Added an entry in the excludes function.
- Fixed Jewel Notifications (again). Previous CSS kept in case FB decides to switch back to the previous ID.
- Added remove advertisement feature
- Fixed 'Farmville' bug
- Fixed problem with export/import functions. Should now work as expected.
- Had some problems, presumably with FF5, where import and export functions stopped the script from working. My deepest apologies if this affected anyone - I have changed the implementation and hope you do not have any more problems.
- Fixed the problem with the notification area on the fixed header setting
- Fixed the user name
- Modified the drop boxes (again *sigh*), I hope they are working for all of you!
- Cleaned up the code. Less 'hack-ish', more readable. This was well needed.
- Automatic and manual updating implemented Version 2.1
- Importing settings completed
- Added Facebook ID to top corner for a more custom/personal feel
- Excludes removed in place of dynamic webpage checking! Allows users to keep other options turned on
- Added exclusions
- Added 'full screen background' option. This required:
- Adding the full screen background and setting layering
- Checking user preference to locate the layer of the background
- Added 'button location' option. Adding the button location option required:
- Adding another dropdown menu - similar to the dropdown menu with checkboxes, however this time with radio selection
- Adding the toggle button underneath the accounts tab, and having the script insert the button according to user preference.
- Added an export settings option. Importing is not yet functional.
- Added 'Hide Chat', 'Repeat Background' and 'Enhance Notification Colours' features
- Altered interface accordingly. This included:
- Creating the checkbox drop down list.
- Removing the original Fixed Header checkbox and inserting it in drop down list
- Added an interface to allow value manipulation (Original values were stored in script for coding simplicity)
- Added more exclusions
- More page altering code for layout purposes
- Added to include/exclude list
- Added page altering code to ensure background did not look dodgy
- Allowed users to fix the facebook header
- Allowed users to change background to a gradient or URL, or not at all