Script Summary: Automatically adds direct .torrent and magnet links on Torrentz.eu — So easy your mom could use it. Tested in Firefox and Chrome.
License: GPL version 3 or any later version; http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html
Torrentz.eu now is so easy your mom could use it!
The script adds magnet links and direct links to .torrent files on torcache.net, zoink.it and torrage.com across the whole website.
In the search results, the blue squares are links to the .torrent files, the orange squares are magnet link. The smaller blue boxes can be used as a fallback in case the first .torrent link doesn't work.
This script was featured on Lifehacker.com!
Single torrent page
If you like this script, share it, rate it or suggest features
(Although, keep in mind I want to keep this light and minimal)
- Firefox: Now it also works on torrentz-proxy.com (and any website that starts with torrentz)
- Updated popup block
- Removes scammy sponsored links in search results and blocks a popup. This userscript is not meant as a ad-block tool, but I hate scamware/adware.
- Now it should also work with Chrome 27 (thanks to Francolino)
- Added more Torrentz domains
- Put the more reliable Torrage first
- Restored functionality
- Removes scammy/scummy sponsored links in search results
- Now it loads instantaneously on Chrome too
- Updated code to match the update on Torrentz
- Bonus: no more popups (for now) ;)
- Since Torcache decided to put on an interstitial, the main .torrent link now points to Zoink while Torcache is moved to the backup links
- An icon, finally! (Firefox only)
- Probably enabled autoupdate (Firefox only)
- New Name! The old name "Torrentz.eu for your mom" bothered some and confused others, now the script has a proper and clear name. Functionality remains intact, your mom can still use it.
- Restored correct behavior in all browsers
- SPEED! Now it's up to a second faster and it should be instantaneous in Firefox. (it uses jQuery from Torrentz rather than loading it again)
- Hid backup .torrent links (currently Zoink and Torrage) in search results, they will now appear on hover
- Added arrows icons to improve look
- Updated to jQuery 1.7.1
- Added HTTPS support for Torrentz, Zoink.it and jQuery
- Added trackers to the magnet links to speed up the download start: publicbt.com and openbittorrent.com
- Replaced torcache.com with torcache.net. Torrage doesn't seem to be working at the moment but I left it in there, if you know any other torrent cache services let me know
- Updated to jQuery 1.6.4
- Improved usability in results page (larger links, easier to click)
- Added services icons in the torrent page (torcache.com doesn't seem to workat all currently)
- Updated to jQuery 1.6
- moved download links on the right in torrents list, this way Torrentz' links are not moved to the right when the download links are inserted. Complicated? Just... trust me, it's better this way.
- added links on the torrent's page
- added links pages other than search results
- first proper version, links on results page only